About McKenzie Special School District
Almost 1300 students are enrolled in our school system. The students attend one of three schools:
- McKenzie Elementary School (grades PreK-4)
- McKenzie Middle School (grades 5-8)
- McKenzie High School (grades 9-12)
All schools are accredited by the Tennessee Department of Education and secondary schools are accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools. These schools are supported by the McKenzie Board of Education and its staff.
The McKenzie Special School District invites you to visit each of our schools' web sites as well as the rest of McKenzie, Tennessee.
At MSSD, We Believe
- All students when provided appropriate time and environment can learn.
- Decision-making should be data driven and address the specific and individual needs of the system and its stakeholders.
- Family involvement is a key to student success.
- The school will be a safe environment that has high expectations for every student.
- Education is the shared responsivility and collaborative effort of the school, parents, and community and must be communicated to all stakeholders.
It is the purpose of the McKenzie Special School District to provide the highest quality of education possible for all students. A one hundred percent graduation rate will be the benchmark for the minimal accepted education.
It is our DUTY to act with a selfless concern for the well-being of others. We can only do this when we apply correct SOCIAL RESPONSIBILITY to a specific situation.